Why do we Advocate?
We are a voice for our loved ones inside, and for the families of all prisoners.
How do we Advocate?
A sub-group of MOMS works to raise public events, join issue-based coalitions with other organizations, lobby government officials, participate in consultations and task forces aimed at reform, work with and through the media, and participate in research and documentary projects.
What do we Advocate for?
- Improvements in the courts and bail system
- Diversion of vulnerable individuals into treatment in the community
- Humane, healthy living conditions for all prisoners
- Proper prisoner treatment, health care and rehabilitation
- Investment in community programs for crime reductions and prevention
Our work involves provincial, federal and general advocacy activities.